New England is a region of the United States full of picturesque villages, fantastic seafood, and incredible bass fishing spots. From Rhode Island to Maine, anglers from all around come to experience some of the best bass fishing that America has to offer. Whether you’re a novice fisherman or an experienced pro, here are 10 of the best bass fishing spots in New England.
1. Quinebaug River - Connecticut This beautiful river near Danielson, Connecticut offers some great spots for largemouth and smallmouth bass fishing. The river is filled with plenty of coves and streams that are perfect for anglers looking for a challenge. Be sure to bring your own boat as there are no rentals available in this area.
2. Lake Winnipesaukee - New Hampshire At over 72 square miles in size, Lake Winnipesaukee is one of the largest lakes in New England. Located in central New Hampshire, this lake is home to plenty of large and smallmouth bass, making it a great spot for both casual anglers and professional fishermen alike. Just remember to check local regulations before you cast your line!
3. Sebago Lake - Maine Sebago Lake is located near Portland, Maine and offers some pretty amazing views while you fish for largemouth and smallmouth bass as well as trout and salmon. The lake can get quite crowded during peak season so plan accordingly if you’re looking for a more secluded fishing spot.
4. Squam Lake - New Hampshire Squam Lake is located just outside the town of Holderness, NH and is home to ample populations of both largemouth and smallmouth bass as well as northern pike and trout species like brookies and rainbows. Be sure to bring your own boat here as there are no rentals available onsite!
5. Nulhegan River - Vermont The Nulhegan River flows through northern Vermont along Canada border offering plenty of excellent spots for smallmouth bass fishing throughout its length of nearly 28 miles.. There are also plenty of other fish species like brown trout, brook trout, landlocked salmon, whitefish, yellow perch, sunfish and more!
6. Connecticut River – Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Vermont Spanning over 400 miles across three states (Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Vermont), the Connecticut River has some excellent spots for both largemouth and smallmouth bass fishing throughout its length including many backwater areas near Greenfield MA which offer good populations of fish year round!
7. Narragansett Bay - Rhode Island Located just off the coast of Rhode Island, Narragansett Bay offers some great areas for largemouth bass fishing during both springtime when they start their spawning run upriver or summertime when they make their way back downriver into deeper waters once again!
8 . Saco River – Maine This scenic river runs through southern Maine from North Conway all the way down towards Portland ME offering plenty of excellent spots for both largemouths & smallmouths along its entire length!
9 . Merrimack River – Massachusetts/New Hampshire Spanning over 200 miles across two states (Massachusetts/New Hampshire), this river offers excellent populations & variety with different types & sizes of both largemouths & smallmouths depending on what part you decide to fish at any given time!
10 . Mystic Lakes – Massachusetts Located just outside Boston MA these four interconnected bodies offer great opportunities year-round with decent populations & sizes varying between largemouths & smallmouths depending on which lake you decide to target at any given time .
Whether you’re an experienced angler or just starting out on your journey into the world of fishing, these top 10 bass fishing spots in New England have something special waiting for everyone who visits them—memories that will last forever! So if you’re ever looking for a great place to go catch some big ones then consider checking out one (or more) of these awesome places! Happy Fishing!